[opensuse-buildservice] GSoC OBS comment system. Plan and Questions.
Hello,

During the last days I have, with my mentors, hashed out the plan for my GSOC
project - Building a discussion system for the OBS. I would appreciate your
feedback on what I plan to achieve:

Comment System:
An OBS user can comment on a package and/or on a project. The comment consists
of a title, body, timestamp and user info. The discussion is threaded, there is
a parent comment and there are replies. So a user can either start a new thread
or reply to an existing one. One can also add a thread as watched.

Notification system :
Each new comment will trigger a notification through the OBS notification
system (hermes).
A user can configure in his hermes settings to get notifications about new
comments for projects/packages where he is maintainer/bugowner. By default
these notifications are enabled.
Another setting is to get notification about “watched threads”. Watched threads
are threads where the user participates in or that he selected to follow. This
setting is also enabled by default.

These are the decisions I would like to get feedback from other OBS developers
on. The most important question for me is: Where do we store the comment data?
I was thinking on the webui database but I’m not sure. Any feedback is
appreciated here.

For your reference the trello board can be located at -
https://trello.com/board/discussion-system/51a5ede2db062a7e6f001b7c

Cheers
Shayon