Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to add repository to local OBS instance
  • From: Stefan Cocora <stefan.cocora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 21:45:11 +0100
Thanks for your advice Adrian, I'll try it as soon as possible and
feedback the results to this mailing list.

Stefan

On 28/05/13 09:00, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 17:15:33 wrote Stefan Cocora:
Thanks for your response Philipp,

To confirm, yes my local instance is connected to opensuse.org
Can I have my local obs connected with opensuse.org and at the same
time create another project that tracks packages locally ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "If you want to hold the
project including the packages locally".
Doesn't creating another project and adding rpm/deb manually mean that
I'm holding the packages and and the project locally ?

If you want to binary import some packages, create some repo somewhere via
osc or webui. Ideally in an empty project without sources

Afterwards, you can create the :full directory in

/srv/obs/build/$project/$repo/$arch/:full

and copy your binaries inside. Last, you need to tell the scheduler to scan it
via

obs_admin --rescan-repository <project> <repository> <architecture>

If this new repo has the Ubuntu repo inside it's path, it is enough to build
against
your new repo in your projects.

Regards,
Stefan