Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to add repository to local OBS instance
Hi Stefan,

On Sun, 26 May 2013 09:05:57 +0100
Stefan Cocora <stefan.cocora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to build miro 6 for ubuntu 12.04 ubuntu 13.04 using my
self hosted version of OBS.
My self hosted version of OBS is 2.3.8.

The problem with miro is that it needs python-support which exists
only in the ubuntu universe repositories.

Reading the opensuse buildservice mailing list I saw that you can't
add ubuntu's universe to opensuse because of legal issues.

How can I add ubuntu universe to my self-hosted version of OBS ?

You interconnect your self-hosted OBS with the SUSE one, right?
In this case you can't add RPMs to the repository because the
rpms are directly downloaded from the SUSE OBS. I can provide you one
(not the only?) solution. You create a project in your instance with
prj information, prjconf and the packages
in /srv/obs/build/$DISTRO/$ARCH/:full/ to build without the suse OBS
interconnect. Here you can add the rpms/debs you wish. Maybe the most
from an Install DVD and the additional packages from a repository (for
ubuntu the universe repository). But you need a bit free space per
distro. For example for Ubuntu you need about 10GB space (all
packages twice for i586 and x86_64 arch).

If you want to hold the project including the packages locally, I'll
answer you with the steps to do that.

Regards,
Philipp

--