[opensuse-buildservice] Changing the product name of an existing product
Greetings,

I have a product that needs to completely replace a previous product. Most of
the RPM names are the same - this was essentially a name change on the side of
the product. Ideally I would like the users to be able to use OpenSuse's
"Patch-CD Update" to perform the migration, as that is what the current user
base is used to in the update process.

I added "<obsoletepackage>old-package</obsoletepackage>" to the
_product/new-package.product file, which added the following line to my
_product:new-product-release/new-product-release.spec
"Provides: weakremover(new-product-release)"

However, during a Patch-CD Update, the new product is not selected
automatically. Even when I select it manually, the old-product-release package
is not removed automatically.

If I use the "Add-On Product" module, the new product pattern IS selected
automatically, but the old package is not removed.

Is it possible to provide a direct update path for users when changing the
product name? If so, how?

The link below seemed my greatest chance for manual help, but I was not able to
get much from it, unfortunately.

http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.product_building.html

Again, thank you in advance for your time and consideration, I really
appreciate the work that has been done on OBS.
~Nathan Cooper