Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Arch support
  • From: Kuba Serafinowski <zizzfizzix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:51:11 +0200
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013, 13:56:42 wrote Kuba Serafinowski:
Hello,
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, 21:54:56 wrote Marguerite Su:
Hi, all,

One question:

As now we officially support Arch's pkgbuild, how will we deal with
the `git` usage in pkgbuild?

There're many pkgbuilds has a name "*-git" which use git to fetch
source code when building.

But we can't use git in our build VM (someone said there's no network
connection at all).

Many local Arch users consult me about that issue.

I know for openSUSE we can use _service file to git clone, but
Archlinux has a particular mechanism: it has to check md5/sha of the
source before the build.

But now we can't get md5/sha for the _service output, because next
time you run git, it'll change of course.

actually, current set_version service script should also update the md5
sums
in PKGBUILD meanwhile.
Can you show an example how to do this? The only source of set_version
script I can find has nothing to do with arch compatibility.

I have put the latest version now inside the openSUSE:Tools project.
And that is the "upstream" now, yes?
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?expand=1&file=set_version&package=obs-service-set_version&project=openSUSE%3ATools

Can't set
pkgver and md5sums automatically thus it won't build.
Also <param name="versionformat"></param> in tar_scm service script
should allow for an empty string. It's nice to have a predictable
source name.

hm, please submit a patch via github :)
Would love to as deployed version has a little bug, pkgrel should always be >=1.
But
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/master/src/api/test/fixtures/backend/services/set_version
is outdated and the only occurence of set_version. Where is the
upstream, really?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Regards,
Kuba