Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Arch support
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:27:10 +0200
On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, 16:14:33 wrote Hector Oron:
Hello,

2013/5/8 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:

We should finish the download on demand support. If we are not able to do
that
we should neither waste our time with workarounds. They will eat more time
in
the long run.

What needs to be done on that area? Automate download on demand? Any
ideas on how to proceed to implement that?

In short the following tasks need to be done:

* The api should allow accept DoD URLs as part of the
repository definition in project meta xml.

* Some background process should monitor the URLs and update
package meta data when needed. Either a backend cron job, or maybe
more efficient, some api delayed job.

* The DoD package update code should also remove not anymore existing
packages.

We are happy to assist if anyone wants to work on that :)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH