Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Arch support
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 14:44:54 +0200
On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, 14:39:17 wrote Michael Schroeder:
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 02:34:25PM +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2013-05-08 14:23, Michael Schroeder wrote:

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:36:40AM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:03:45AM +0200, Kuba Serafinowski wrote:
I'd like to know what has changed in 2.4 wrt Arch support. I know it
was already supported a long time ago in build.o.o.
If I remeber right Arch repos were too outdated to be usable, has that
changed? And what is the update schedule now?

As Arch is a rolling release we should setup a cronjob that updates
it every weekend.

The cronjob is now in place, we'll sync every Sunday morning.
(We also synced right now.)

If we now can do cronjobs, can't the CentOS updates be imported as well
on a regular basis?

I don't think we have the CentOS updates in OBS. And CentOS isn't
a rolling release distribution, is it?

Frankly, I do not want these hacks. How much do we bet that this cron hack
is lost when we move the server the next time?

We should finish the download on demand support. If we are not able to do that
we should neither waste our time with workarounds. They will eat more time in
the long run.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH