Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RHEL 6.x in OBS 2.4 Build fails
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 09:44:08 +0200
On Montag, 6. Mai 2013, 21:41:14 wrote Philipp Seiler:
Hi,

I have another problem with OBS.
Everything is running fine except the Builds for RHEL 6.3 and 6.4.
All other distributions (openSUSE 12.2, Fedora 17 and Debian6) I
configured in my OBS instance build well.

I use the same prjconf as in the SUSE OBS and the packages from the
RHEL6.x install DVDs. It seems like there is a problem when initializing
the RPM database in the buildroot of the package. I googled the error
message but I haven't found something with the obs.

If I run a localbuild on my workstation the package builds well. Also on
a running 2.3 instance.
What am I doing wrong?

This is the error message:
[...]

[ 12s] [47/49] preinstalling rpm...
[ 12s] [48/49] preinstalling policycoreutils...
[ 19s] [49/49] preinstalling rpm-libs...
[ 22s]
[ 22s] initializing rpm db...
[ 23s] error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or
directory (2)

well, something is missing so rpm can not operate. Since it works on
our instance, you may want to compare esp prjconf. Esp. Preinstall, Order
and Runscripts rules.

Otherwise you need to jump in and trace/debug why rpm is not working.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH