Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Slow website
On 02.05.2013 10:12, Srinidhi B wrote:
>>> On 02/5/2013 at 12:56 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02.05.2013 02:42, Robert Xu wrote:
Hi all,

Why does openbuildservice.org connect to beans.opensuse.org?
To count the visitors and what they are doing with the site - otherwise
we have no base to improve upon.

Actually, I've been observing this "slowness" myself - not just with
openbuildservice.org, but with software.opensuse.org too. Content loads
correctly, but the page doesn't finish loading. Fetching of piwik.js takes a
long time before finishing / aborting - not always.

Not only does the request time out, it also slows down the overall

It works fine here and the call is supposed to be async, e.g. not block
the browser. Please verify that using some web developer tools.

I was about to share the details from Firebug, but found this:

$ wget -S http://beans.opensuse.org/piwik/piwik.js
--2013-05-02 13:34:14-- http://beans.opensuse.org/piwik/piwik.js
Resolving beans.opensuse.org (beans.opensuse.org)... 195.135.221.152,
2001:67c:2178:8::21
Connecting to beans.opensuse.org (beans.opensuse.org)|195.135.221.152|:80...
failed: Connection timed out.
Connecting to beans.opensuse.org
(beans.opensuse.org)|2001:67c:2178:8::21|:80... failed: Network is
unreachable.

Probably web server issue on beans.o.o - I'm able to ping beans.o.o.

That's an issue, but if a failing beans is causing a problem we have
another one: the async calls do not work.

Greetings, Stephan