Re: [opensuse-buildservice] timezone package not in openSUSE 12.3/Factor workers
On Friday 2013-03-29 14:40, Darin Perusich wrote:

Hello All,

I've been looking at an issue with the perl-DBIx-SearchBuilder package
in d:l:p where "make test" was failing openSUSE_12.3 and Factory. It
turns out %check is failing because the timezone package is no longer
included in the default OS image for openSUSE 12.3 and Factory. I can,
and will, add timezone as a BuildRequire for this package but didn't
know if this was by design or if it was overlooked and should be part
of the default OS image.

Usually these things are by design. In fact, in some circumstances —
seen with .spec files from other distros, even 'gcc' and 'make' are
not part of the default install. (And that seems sensible given not all
packages are going to have C source.)