RE: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS build dependency issue

[MF-03/19/2013] Some more observations. The OBS project having issues
had rebuild="direct" in the project meta, while my home project (which does
not have problems) does not have that attribute. I believe
rebuild="transitive" is the default. When I added the rebuild="direct" in the
project meta of my home project, it also exhibited the build dependency
issues.
I'm guessing I should remove the rebuild="direct" in the project meta and
let it default to 'transitive'. Any thoughts on this?

yes. It is the default for a good reason :)

[MF] ok thanks.

What is the project meta and the repository rebuild strategy?
[MF] This is an extract of the project meta:
<repository rebuild="direct" name="standard">
<arch>armv8el</arch>

Uh, you really use that one? You are aware that this architecture never
existed
and actually got called "aarch64" meanwhile?

[MF] Not sure why you say 'armv8el' never existed. I see it referenced in the
OBS codebase (2.3.1), while I cannot see any references of 'aarch64':
/srv/www/obs/api/public/schema/obs.rng
/srv/www/obs/api/db/seeds.rb
/srv/www/obs/api/test/fixtures/architectures.yml
/srv/www/obs/docs/api/obs.rng
/usr/lib/obs/server/build/build
/usr/lib/obs/server/build/Build.pm

Cheers,