Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Link, Aggregate and repositories... which to choose ??
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:25:20 +0100
On Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 10:16:02 wrote Gianluca:
Dear All,
I'm really confused about the documentation of Links, Aggregates and
building against more repositories... and I don't know which one fit my
situation.

I have a project on which I'm building a package named "yarp". This package
requires the library ACE and this library has been already packaged by the
devel:libraries:ACE:major project.
And I want to achieve a self-contained repository for my package yarp in
order to just tell to the users to add my project repository without also
the need to add the ACE repository.
If I specify in my project repositories to use also ACE repository (<path
project="devel:libraries:ACE:major" repository="openSUSE_12.3"/>) then the
building of yarp package goes well, but the user has to add both ACE and my
repository in order to statisfy all requirements and install ACE.
I cannot find a way that implicity add also the ACE repository for the user,
or that link in some ways the ACE package without wasting space.

My first option was to use aggregate, but it is really discouraged its use
because not only waste space but there is also a risk of incompatible
breakages :-(
But I'm not want to use link, because it rebuild the package ... and because
I don't need to change anything to ACE, this option will be not only a waste
of space but also a waste of building resources

So... are there some other options ??
I wondering if there is a simple solution like a symbolic link toward the
ACE package, in order to get all requires resolvable when the user add my
repository. Is that possible ??

just add the repository which contains the needed package as path in your
project repository configuration?

osc meta prj -e $PROJECT

or "Project Meta" in webui.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH