RE: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS build dependency issue
Hello Adrian,

Comments embedded below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 12:48 AM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Malcolm Fernandes
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS build dependency issue

On Freitag, 15. März 2013, 22:47:33 wrote Malcolm Fernandes:
We have a project in our local OBS instance where we are encountering some
build dependency issues.

Our OBS is running on an appliance: obs-server-2.3.1-6.7.x86_64

To illustrate the problem:

Let's assume we have 5 packages in a project (pkg1, pkg2, pkg3, pkg4, pkg5)

The pkg2 spec file contains a "BuildRequires:" for one of the rpms generated
by pkg1.
Similarly the pkg3 spec file contains a "BuildRequires:" for one of the rpms
generated by pkg2 and so forth.

When a commit was made to pkg1, it got rebuilt and this triggered pkg2 to
start building. While pkg2 was rebuilding, pkg3, pkg4 and pkg5 went into a
blocked state (which is what we expected).

However, after pkg2 finished building, pkg-3/4/5 get unblocked and do NOT get
rebuilt.

check with "osc buildinfo" if pkg-3/4/5 really using this pkg2.

[MF] Yes, 'osc buildinfo' does state that there is a dependency on the rpm
generated by pkg2.
<bdep name="xxx " version="1.0.2" .... repository="standard" />

If that is the case, I can only imaging that you configured a special
"rebuild=local" in
your repo.

[MF] That is not the case - see my reply to Marcus as well. This is an
extract of my project meta.
<repository rebuild="direct" name="standard">
<arch>armv8el</arch>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>armv7el</arch>
</repository>

Thanks,

Mal

We tried to wipe the binaries of pkg1 and saw the same behavior.
Also wiped the binaries of pkg2 and saw the same behavior for its dependent
packages.

Trying to understand how these dependencies work from an OBS perspective.
Can you please shed some light on this as well as provide some advice on how
to debug this further.

I've run these options with 'obs_admin' and it has not returned anything:
--rescan-repository
--force-check-project
--deep-check-project

Thanks,