Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: devel:languages:smalltalk dead?
  • From: Michael Behrisch <behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:34:49 +0100
2013/1/25 Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 01/25/2013 10:01 PM, Michael Behrisch wrote:
2013/1/25 Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>:

Is there
any smalltalker who wants to revive it or is it better to have it all
in Education?

How about you?

Well, I don't feel qualified, installing and packaging scratch was my
first (conscious) contact with smalltalk, I did not write a single
program (yet). I would prefer adding it to education because it is
used at least by some educational packages and this is quite a vivid
project so it might get more attention there.

But it is a language which is used also for educational purposes. In my
opinion devel:languages:smalltalk is the correct place. If education
repo users want to use it they can link it from d:l:s and continue
pushing SRs to d:l:s

Also discussing the topic in packaging or in factory could bring more
opinions as well.

To be honest, I don't want to subscribe to two more voluminous mailing
lists ;-) I think the people in charge of d:l:s should be reading here
(which is not factory or packaging). I put opensuse-edu in CC, maybe
someone there has an opinion as well. Furthermore my SRs to Education
got accepted now so for the casual user the situation when doing the
software search might be more confusing now. I would still prefer
d:s:l to be deleted since there is no active maintainer.

Best regards,
Michael