Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc diff complains about missing files
On 2013-03-06 15:33:08 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:

The 'osc diff' command from osc-0.139.1 complains about missing files if
files from an earlier 'osc ar' were removed.
I think 'osc diff' should be more forgiving and diff just whats (still) there.

Hmm that's probably highly subjective... IMHO it is more appropriate to
abort in this case because the user wants to diff the complete working
copy which isn't possible due to missing some files. Diffing "existent"
files is still possible (osc diff foo bar...).
If there's a good reason we can of course change the default behavior
(note: svn also aborts in such a situation).

# rm release-1.tar.bz2
# wget host/pub/release-2.tar.bz2
# sed -i 's@^Version:.*@Version: 2@g' *.spec
# osc ar
# sleep $((60 * 60 * 24 * $n))
# rm release-2.tar.bz2
# wget host/pub/release-3.tar.bz2
# sed -i 's@^Version:.*@Version: 3@g' *.spec
# osc diff
file 'release-2.tar.bz2' is marked as 'A' but does not exist
(either add the missing file or revert it)
#

Marcus