Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OpenSUSE OBS projects confusion
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:54:57 +0100
On Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013, 15:27:12 wrote Magnus Lewis-Smith:
I see there are several projects building OBS and hence several
repositories serving the tools:

Yes, we change currently the setup, but we are not finished yet, so
there was no announcement yet

openSUSE:Tools

Former stable OBS Server and Client repo.

Will be in future just be used for stable client tools.

openSUSE:Tools:1.7
openSUSE:Tools:2.0
openSUSE:Tools:2.1
openSUSE:Tools:2.3

Current stable and historic

openSUSE:Tools:2.4

to be dropped again.

OBS:Server:2.4
OBS:Server:Unstable

The future.

Can I ask what they are all for? I presume legacy versions in the
openSUSE:Tools:X.X projects, and openSUSE:Tools being stable.

I currently run an ancient 2.1 local installation in dire need of
upgrade. It is patched somewhat to customise the HTML for our
organisation, so it builds itself, but makes updating ... interesting.
With the imminent release of 2.4 I am wondering which repository to
branch from.

Please use OBS:Server:2.4

sorry for this (temporary) mess up.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH