Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OpenSUSE OBS projects confusion
thoughts below
On 20.02.2013, at 18:27, Magnus Lewis-Smith <m.lewis-smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see there are several projects building OBS and hence several repositories
serving the tools:

openSUSE:Tools
Not for OBS server?
openSUSE:Tools:1.7
openSUSE:Tools:2.0
openSUSE:Tools:2.1
openSUSE:Tools:2.3
openSUSE:Tools:2.4
old?
OBS:Server:2.4
Prepared for 2.4 release.
OBS:Server:Unstable
As i see it's master sources

Can I ask what they are all for? I presume legacy versions in the
openSUSE:Tools:X.X projects, and openSUSE:Tools being stable.

I currently run an ancient 2.1 local installation in dire need of upgrade.
It is patched somewhat to customise the HTML for our organisation, so it
builds itself, but makes updating ... interesting. With the imminent release
of 2.4 I am wondering which repository to branch from.

Regards
Magnus