Re: [opensuse-buildservice] have choice for postgresql-devel
postgresql-devel is a dummy package which installs postgresql92-devel
on opensuse > 12.1 with is installs postgresql91. This was done to
maintain compatibility with the old postgres package naming when it
was reworked to add the ability to install multiple versions of
postgres on the same system. This would allow you to build your app
for each version of PG if the devel packages were enabled for non-92
versions, last time I checked they were not at least in
server:database:postgresql.

For the packages I maintain in server:database:postgresql I create
spec's for each postgres version which are generated with a
pre_checkin.sh script. It's not fully implemented yet, which is
another issue, but take a look at the orafce or plproxy packages for
examples.

--
Later,
Darin

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Michael Behrisch