Re: [opensuse-buildservice] removed packages, wiped binaries -- built package still hangin' around
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 09:47:28AM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:
In a private OBS instance, I ran into a problem that remains unresolved.
I deleted a package and found that other packages were still using it for
build.

My guess that "useforbuild" was disabled when you deleted the
package. (Maybe it's still disabled in the project meta?)

In an attempt to fix this (weird) situation, I even wiped *all* of the
binaries for the project. No dice.
After logging into the actual build server, I found in:
/srv/obs/build/$PROJECT/$REPO/$ARCH/:full only two files -- the *name*
of the built package with two extensions: .rpm and .meta.
What happened here? Clearly there seems to be a bug, but where? More
importantly for the time being, how do I remediate?
I'll note that the publishing of the package was disabled before it
was deleted altogether. Perhaps that is relevant?
I'm on openSUSE 12.1 with OBS 2.3

As the link between the built packages is now lost, you need
to either manually delete the files and run a
'obs_admin --rescan-repository' to make the scheduler scans the
directory again, or (maybe easier) you can use:

osc api /build/$PROJECT/$REPO/$ARCH/_repository/<NAME>.rpm -X DELETE

This will all be much nicer if I rewrite the :full tree handling
after we did the 2.4 release.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg