Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [Suggestion] Use pacman-git for Arch:Core with `SKIP` md5sum feature.
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 23:33:29 +0800
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

wrong compared to what?
To the one in PKGBUILD file? Maybe download_files need to update that
special file also ...

Hi, Adrian

Here's what I did:

1. make a _service file to git clone a tar, recompress to bz2 and set_version

2. download the output tar.bz2 which will give me a rawsource offline.

3. check the md5sum of the rawsource file and input it into PKGBUILD

4. it triggers a redownload and rebuild, but the md5sum is wrong
compared to the newly downloaded clone.

Another way:

1. set `mode=localonly`, run locally, check the md5sum of the local
downloaded clone.

2. enter into the PKGBUILD

3. update, but the md5sum is wrong compared to the downloaded clone on
OBS server.

SO:

I have no way to know the md5sum of the clone on OBS server. Even if I
know it, I can set it into the md5sum() of PKGBUILD at the same time.
Next time it changes again.

Then I think we should SKIP the md5sum of the git cloned source for PKGBUILD.

Greetings

Marguerite