[opensuse-buildservice] New Private OBS installation appliance build on suse studio
  • From: Ronan Le Martret <ronan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:37:25 +0100
Hi All,
1)
I'm recently create an OBS appliance on susestudio.
* It's an openSUSE 12.1 with OBS server 2.3.7-3.4.

So you can test/use/clone suse studio appliance:
* https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_Appliances#Devel_version

I'm also create a "how to install an OBS server in command line":
*
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_installation#Install_in_command_line

2)
This appliance use a patched version of the git source service
"obs-service-tar_scm" (used git-buildpackage):
*
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=obs-service-tar_scm&project=devel%3AOBS%3ALight%3AAppliance

The updated version of the source service can:
- Git clone.
- Extract source and spec file automatically. (from a tizen.org git,
https://review.tizen.org/git/, or any git package compliant with gbp).
- Rebuild it.

(Thank to gbp, git-buildpackage)

The service is of a particular interest for those of you who
build-maintain a version of Tizen where multiple packages are not in
line with the tizen.org web site inducing a requirement to rebuild a
large part of Tizen, but want to stay in line with the general
evolution of Tizen.org.
You can use that service in your existing private OBS or use the ready
made OBS Light Server appliance (in that case you need to use the
devel version).

3)
You can find a use cases for patched OBS service here:
*
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_USE_CASES#Lab_2_Building_a_Tizen.org_package_from_git_repo_in_an_OBS_Light_server_appliance

--
Ronan Le Martret