Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [Suggestion] Use pacman-git for Arch:Core with `SKIP` md5sum feature.
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:39:44 +0100
On Freitag, 8. Februar 2013, 22:16:20 wrote Marguerite Su:
Hi, All,

Here's the situation:

1. OBS has a build environment with no network connection, so
PKGBUILDs have _git_ or _url_ can't be built, you have to convert them
to a _service file. Then add the downloaded tar.bz2 file as source in
PKGBUILD

2. Then you need the md5sum or similar for the downloaded tar.bz2.

But unluckily, we can never have the md5sum. Here're the tests I did:

1. Download the tar.bz2 as a rawsource (I don't know why OBS doesn't
make the name right), check the sum. the sum is wrong. failed.

wrong compared to what?
To the one in PKGBUILD file? Maybe download_files need to update that
special file also ...

2. Rename the rawsource and check, failed.

3. Add `mode="localonly"` in _service, get a tar.bz2, check, failed.

So literally we have no way to know a dynamic md5sum.

Then we call a feature: Add a `SKIP` as md5sum to skip the integrity
check, which is implemented in pacman git. Then we can have packages
using git painlessly.

PS: Of course we can implement a `show md5` feature, but that'll
reinventing the wheel.

PS1: Of course you can git locally...but that's a different use case.

PS2: I've made such packages: asciidoc and pacman in
home:MargueriteSu:archlinux, you can copy it to Arch:Core or your
project to replace Arch default one, to use git.

Adrian, what do you think? is it possible?

Greetings,

Marguerite

SUSE Linux Products GmbH