Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new steam license
On Thursday 31 Jan 2013 15:19:15 Andrew Wafaa wrote:
On 31 January 2013 15:14, Nico Kruber <nico.kruber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 31 Jan 2013 14:41:28 Andrew Wafaa wrote:
I agree with everything you're saying, but there is a process to go
through - ESPECIALLY when legal is concerned.
The fact that they have modified their license to allow for
redistribution is great, but as it is not open source and the OBS is
hosted by SUSE we need to comply with their legal obligations. Yes, it
may suck but that's how things are.

I agree
Andrew, did you forward this request to legal so they can start evaluating
it?
Sorry, no I haven't. I'm not interested in using Steam, but I
understand and appreciate the sentiments of frustration. I was merely
advising on the process that needs to be undertaken.

The important thing here is to know _that_ the process of integrating
steam
again has started, not _when_ it will complete (of course, the sooner, the
better) - a few days more now don't matter much if we make it right this
time.
I would have thought that the previous maintainer of the package would
have updated his package and submitted it for legal review.

so basically, what he (or any one else who still has the source package) would
have to re-create the package in his home project (with deactivated publish)
and create an sr to openSUSE:***:NonFree with the hint to the new licensing
and thus let the legal team check the package, right?

Nico