[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Mono, obs, and /proc
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:31:32 -0700
On 2013-01-30 21:42:23 +0000, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger said:

On Wed, 2013-01-30 at 14:36 -0700, Troy Telford wrote:
I hope this is a simple problem to fix.

I have an OBS implementation, where the workers use chroot for builds
(the nodes are too old for KVM based workers).

I'm building a package (ZeroC Ice 3.5beta) which has mono bindings.

When running the 'make install' for the mono portion, I run into trouble:
"Mono requires /proc to be mounted."

The makefile is running 'gacutil' which is a mono program to "install
versioned assemblies
into the system Global Assembly Cache (GAC) to become part of the
assemblies that are available for all applications at runtime."

Is there a way I can work around this? I don't know of a 'clean' way to
mount /proc in a worker's chroot.

Does this happen when the 'worker code' actually builds? Then all should
be setup correctly.

Or does it happen when you do local 'osc build' and then to analyze
later on do 'osc chroot' to dig into failures?

In the latter case, you can, before doing osc chroot, execute:
sudo mount -o bind /proc /var/tmp/build-root/proc

In the first case, I'm not sure what's going wrong..

You called it. (I didn't do an 'osc chroot', instead actually chrooting to the build-root...)

It works fine when I use 'osc build' - and it completes, as well as when on a regular worker node.

Thanks.
--
Troy Telford