[opensuse-buildservice] Linked projects and "Status" page in webui
Hi,

I just realized that the "Status" page in webui for a linked project doesn't
list failing packages. I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug.

OBS version: 2.3.7
Project setup:

$ osc meta prj ProjectA
<project name="ProjectA">
<repository name="standard">
<path project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:12.2" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
</project>
$ osc meta prj ProjectB
<project name="ProjectB">
<link project="OES:11:Update:Test"/>
<repository name="standard" linkedbuild="all">
<path project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory" repository="standard"/>
<path project="ProjectA" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
</project>

Note that linkedbuild="all" setting in ProjectB's "standard" repository will
trigger rebuild of packages that do not have any real sources in ProjectB.

Now, because of updated packages / dependencies coming from openSUSE:Factory,
there could be some build failures in ProjectB. In the webui, the "Overview"
page of "ProjectB" shows, let's say, "5 build errors", but if you go to the
"Status" page of this project, there are no packages listed.

After reading a lot of code around api, webui and backend, I found that status
information of linked / aggregated packages are not listed in
/status/project/<project> API call. Is this intentional? Is this information
available from backend but not queried by the API?

AFAIU, backend knows about these packages and their build status since
scheduler understands "linkedbuild" property of a repository. Is my
understanding incorrect? If I wanted these packages listed in the webui, where
should I start looking / hacking?

Regards,
Srinidhi.