Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [ANNOUNCE] new osc plugin: prdiff for comparing projects
Hi Adam,

On 2013-01-17 12:57:03 +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
Adam Spiers (aspiers@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
I wanted a way to quickly compare a project with its "upstream"
project, and a quick hack ended up as a new osc plugin:

https://gist.github.com/616b476a9c592a0a2a89

(Copy to your ~/.osc-plugins or /var/lib/osc-plugins to try it.)

This plugin now lives in a github repo:

https://github.com/aspiers/SUSE-dist

Feel free to submit issues and pull requests. However I would also
like the code to be considered for inclusion in osc core if possible.

Nice! Your plugin looks pretty good. I've no objections against
including it into osc. So if you create a merge request I'll happily
accept it:)
Some comments about the code:
- _prdiff_output_matching_requests:
when using the "get_actions" method you can directly specify the
action types you're interested in: "req.get_actions('submit')"
- do_prdiff:
in most cases it isn't needed to "inspect" the storedir manually.
So instead of "if os.path.exists(os.path.join(store, '_project'))" you
should use "if is_project_dir(os.curdir)". Also the former will
evaluate to True if "prdiff" is executed in a package wc (which
will lead to an error when instantiating the "Project" object).
- do_prdiff:
the "conf.get_config()" call isn't needed.

Feel free to ignore the comments - I'll adjust the code once it is
in osc master:)

Again thanks for the plugin and keep up the good work!

Marcus