Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Web interface: Avoiding editor
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:25:54 +0100
From time to time it is handy to edit files within the Web interface.

Is there a simple way to avoid this "advanced" editor? I'd like to use
the standard editor interface that comes with firefox; this "advanced"
editor does not support keyboard navigation and has its own ideas about
cut and paste...

Sometimes less is more.

Along those lines, I installed a firefox extension that adds a button by
each editiable frame in a form that, when selected takes the content to
be edited into your specified editor, and when you exit that editor
returns the content to the web form. I mainly use this in a Trac-based
wiki system where editing can be rather involved. I have it start gvim.

The extension is called "It's all text"

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems