Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 101: How to threat packages with multiple spec files

Quoting Sascha Peilicke <saschpe@xxxxxxx>:

On 01/15/2013 01:54 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013, 10:22:52 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:

$ osc linkpac devel:languages:python python-nose \
devel:languages:python python-nose-doc
$ osc linkpac devel:languages:python python-nose \
devel:languages:python python3-nose
$ osc linkpac devel:languages:python python-nose \
devel:languages:python python3-nose-doc

If only osc co would deal with those packages correctly (e.g. by using a
symlink) and not checking out the same package 4 times. This is especially
true for things like kernels...
You can still do "osc co -u" to checkout the unexpanded sources (i.e.
just the _link file). However, due to the generic (and hugely overused)
nature of the link feature, it's not always easy to find out
programmatically what the packager is about to do with a package
containing links.

Actually, in above example (with multiple spec files in one package) I usually ONLY care for the 'main' one (where all others link to). That one being checked out and not the _link'ed ones is sufficient... all modifications have to happen in this package anyway (not the linked ones).

And to do local builds, I just do osc build <which_spec_file_to_build.spec>

so, not checking out the kernel 10 times for each branch would be a big bandwidth and time saver :)

Dominique