Re: [opensuse-buildservice] who removed steam from games: and why?
W dniu 14.01.2013 15:15, Matt Williams pisze:
On 14 January 2013 13:21, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Mathias Homann wrote:
why was steam removed from games?

hijacking the thread a bit... Has anyone actually looked at the
package from a technical point of view? Even if we got permissions
to distribute this I'd still consider it very ugly and hardly
acceptable.
/usr/bin/steam is just a shell script that extracts the tarball that
contains the actual binary to your home and then runs the binary
from there.

This thread
(http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/846939854324291029/)
could be of interest to this technical discussion.

Also from the legal point of view, there was an article on Phoronix
about it http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIyOTI

Matt

You may also be interested in this:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/94