[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Triggering package rebuilds upon each `git push` and acceptable service use
On Friday, 11 January 2013 09:42:29 CEST, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
Actually, please, tell why do you need rpm package for each push?

I don't. My primary motivation is to get daily builds out to the users, so the "once
a day" frequency is enough. The nice side effect of being able to verify whether
building against old Qt 4.6.x (as shipped in RHEL6) still works is a welcome advantage as
well, though.

It's just that adding the trigger to the post-receive hook was the easiest
thing for me to do (and as usual, getting to know that a particular commit
fails as soon as possible cannot hurt, either).

Are you going to use auto-deploy after this? Or just for build-check. If the latter, I think https://travis-ci.org is what you really need.

That's something I wasn't aware of, thanks for sharing a link. (The big
disadvantage for me is their AJAX-heavy interface, it didn't work at all in
rekonq, worked half way with Opera and only offered all functionality in
Firefox). It also looks like their selection of platforms is a bit limited
compared to OBS.

With kind regards,
Jan

--