Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Increasing the throughput of Open Build Service (OBS) building packages in obs with fusion io pci-e drive card
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 2012-12-10 18:40, Claudio Freire wrote:

build.opensuse.org uses Xen/KVM.

If that's so, then I'd suggest

-j WORKER_JOBS -l WORKER_INSTANCES

(and setting WORKER_JOBS = # of cores per VM)

Was there something that was unclear when I mentioned
that -l is useless inside a VM? (because it does not reflect the
$baremetal load)

Well the appliances don't seem to use VMs anyway, at least not the
ones I'm using, so if a default is to be changes I thought it ought to
accommodate both use cases.