Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Increasing the throughput of Open Build Service (OBS) building packages in obs with fusion io pci-e drive card
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:56:23 +0100
On 2012-11-30 23:07:28 (+1100), doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
I see about 110 jobs on obs with a job time greater than 2 or more hours
processing time.[1] on Open Build Service (OBS)

Reason for asking.
Improve the packaging times during busy times on (OBS).

Some questions.
- Has SSD fusion io pci-e drive card ever been tried on obs
- Would a SSD fusion io pci-e drive help shrink down the processing time
on all obs jobs, therefore improving obs job turnaround times.
- I know it costs for a card [Depends what capacity/model]
- I saw some pci-e drive Manufacturer refurbished cards on ebay[2]

Think it's been 4 or 5 times you've spammed us with a commercial
for fusion io. Do you work for that company ?

--
-o) Pascal Bleser
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green