Re: [opensuse-buildservice] weird linking problem
  • From: Dinar Valeev <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:33:20 +0100
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 07:48:01PM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 19. November 2012, 18:53:45 schrieb Dinar Valeev:
Hi,
in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC project we faced today with weird issue.

linked kiwi from openSUSE:Factory had corrupted spec file

It seems problem here is that originally line 302 in kiwi.spec was:
Requires: %(echo `bash %{S:4} %{S:0} vmxboot %{myarch}
%{mysystems}`)
But we had in openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC:
Requires: %{mysystems}`)

It was solved by running osc ci --noservice

?? I fail the see how the project name is involved here. And why does
disabling the services
are helping here? Disabling the spec file validator ?

What can influence it are the _target_cpu macro or the suse/sles_version
macros.

But what is more likely is that there is no support inside of the kiwi tar
ball for your platform.
Either because of ppc or because the version got increased lately and kiwi
has not yet
support for factory.

This might have been my fault.

My format_spec_file service corrupted the Requires: line, perhapos my osc is
outdated
or something else was broken.
Could you please try to reproduce it again in different project? There
might be a bug still some where in the services.

Ciao, MArcus