Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cannot build against openSUSE.org:Debian:6.0/standard ARM target
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:19:16 +0100
Am Freitag, 16. November 2012, 17:01:24 schrieb Benjamin Federau:
Hey,

I'm using the obs-server.i686-2.3.6-Build2.14-vmx appliance and I want to
build
packages against Debian 6.0 i586 and armel architectures.

This works for i586, but when I select the armv7l architecture it does not
appear on the overview page. I had a look into the scheduler_armv7l.log and I
found this message:

-----
fetching remote project config for openSUSE.org:Debian:6.0
- home:bfederau/Debian_6.0
scanning repo home:bfederau/Debian_6.0...
fetching remote repository state for openSUSE.org:Debian:6.0/standard
404 remote error: project has no architecture 'armv7l'
repository 'openSUSE.org:Debian:6.0/standard' is unavailable
----

Is there no support for Debian 6.0 ARM at the openSUSE.org:Debian:6.0 project
in
general or do I need an addtional setup on my local OBS for this architecture?

We do not have imported the arm packages for Debian on our main instance, so
your
local instance can not fetch it from us.

Related to this I also want to ask if it is possible to create a Debian
fakeobs
archive out of an official Debian repository
(http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/)?
I mean can I create my own build targets for my local obs which are not from
build.openSUSE.org or build.meego.com?

Yes, you can. Someone wrote a way how to do it here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping

It should be no problem for you to import Debian for arm and build packages
on native hardware.

When you want to use qemu emulated builds it becomes a bit more complex and
requires some packaging work for qemu.

moin
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH