Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _link, _aggregate and getting rid of them
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:49:47 +0100

Scott Bahling [12.11.2012 07:46]:
On Sun, 2012-11-11 at 23:10 +0100, Werner Flamme wrote:
Currently, I'm fighting with _link and _aggregate.

I'm trying to build open-vm-tools for SLES 11 SP2 in my
home:werfl project. This won't build because of the missing
liburiparser libs.

In my open-vm-tools package, I set a _link to
Virtualization:VMware, but the binaries were not found. Then I
set an _aggregate, and they were found. Nice. The open-vm-tools
package builds fine locally.

But the open-vm-tools package does not build inside obs, though
it shows "succeeded" for hours now. I think the obs is confused
by the aggregated binaries. I managed to get rid of the _link by
"osc detachbranch", now I try to get rid of the _aggregate... How
may I achieve this? Delete the _aggregate file in the sources? Or
in the .osc subdirectory?

Remove the file from your source tree.

OK, thanks, will do that when I'm at home again.

Next question: on
<http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#link_and_aggregate>

I read "Aggregate is possible, but slows down your build and requires
double space. Better build directly against the other
repository.". I'd love to do so, but where and how do I tell obs
about this "other repository"? The output of "osc buildinfo"
shows

<path project="home:werfl" repository="SLE_11_SP2" /> <path
project="SUSE:SLE-11:SP2" repository="standard" />

so I think it might be added here, but osc does not support
editing the buildinfo. From the man page of obs, I see no other
way to do so.

Can someone point me to the right direction, please?

osc meta -e prj home:werfl

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_repositories_to_a_project

Wow.

How could I overlook this? :-( Thanks for pointing me to it!

Can I add those repos to a single package too, not to the whole
project? Like

osc meta -e pkg home:werfl open-vm-tools

I think this might not work, because the text says to add it to the
project when a package depends on another repo.

Thank you again!

Werner
- --