Re: [opensuse-buildservice] JFYI: we are using ext4 now
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 10:34:39 +0100
Am Freitag, 2. November 2012, 23:24:56 schrieb Greg Freemyer:

Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Boris Manojlovic <boris@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I imagine you saw this[0] too? Meaning that most (99.99%) of our
users
and systems ARE NOT AFFECTED.

[0] http://lwn.net/Articles/521701/

I didn't mean users. I meant OBS.

Not sure, but OBS might be mounting and unmounting repeatedly, which
is what causes corruption.

I assume obs uses disposible VMs. Ie. Instantiate a virgin VM, use it once
and throw it away.

Snapshot technology can make that pretty efficient.

We never do mount a partition used for build, because the risk that
you can exploit the filesystem code of the kernel is just to high.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH