Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Too much request for linked OBS ?
  • From: Carsten Munk <carsten.munk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:26:39 +0200
2012/9/14 JAFFREZIC Xavier <xavier.jaffrezic@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi community,

I'm encountering some unaccurate behavior with my private OBS instance that
may fall me into trouble with guys from the security team ...

I'm running a OBS appliance 2.3 and for unknown reasons, this appliances can
emit lot of http request to other OBS server it's linked to...

For example I've be warned from the security team for about 16 000 000
requests for August (almost 6 per/second)... But I'm only linked to 2 other
OBS (one is MeeGo)

Is there any reason for this... Is there some inconsistency in my settings?
Does this this behavior is normal (I hope it's not!!!)
You should probably investigate the communication with build.meego.com
/ api.meego.com specifically as this is known to not behave properly.

The Intel OTC guys provide a 'fakeobs' feature for their "OBSLight"
thing that you may probably want to look into.

BR
Carsten Munk

Regards

-- Disclaimer ------------------------------------
Ce message ainsi que les eventuelles pieces jointes constituent une
correspondance privee et confidentielle a l'attention exclusive du
destinataire designe ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire du present
message ou une personne susceptible de pouvoir le lui delivrer, il vous est
signifie que toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de cette transmission
est strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, nous vous
remercions d'en informer l'expediteur par telephone ou de lui retourner le
present message, puis d'effacer immediatement ce message de votre systeme.

*** This e-mail and any attachments is a confidential correspondence intended
only for use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender by phone or by replying
this message, and then delete this message from your system.