Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS backup
----- Original Message -----
Anything wrong with rsync and mysqldump?

Well, usually you don't "rsync" online databases (mysql or svn), as
that would result in inconsistencies. You have to snapshot the
filesystem, which may not be that easy (depending on the filesystem).

I often mysqldump to a file inside the directory I'm backing up before
initiating the backup so rsync works fine. The bonus is that when you do
incrementals (I use duplicity) you get a nice history of the database data.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx