Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Storage problems ... cleanup comming ...
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:50:14 +0200

Claudio Freire [10.09.2012 16:44]:
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Werner Flamme
<werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:
Claudio Freire [04.09.2012 17:04]:

Making a "noarch" repo would help at least my projects a
helluva lot, the arch-and-distro-dependent binaries are tiny
compared to the arch-and-distro-independent data.

Do it yourself :-)

I have a line reading "BuildArch: noarch" in my specfiles, right
after the Requires-lines. Now the package is build into the
noarch repo. Plus, I disabled building for x86_64 for that
package - why building twice when there is only 1 rpm coming out
of it? :-)

I think you didn't get the point.

noarch means you build only once per distro, but, what we're
saying, is that many data packages are also "nodistro", to name it
something, and you'd only need to build it once. Period.

For that, you need a "noarch Repo". Not arch, but repo.

Sorry, you are right. I understood "noarch" as "noarch", not as
"nodistro". Me dumb, I apologize.

- --