Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Storage problems ... cleanup comming ...
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:
Claudio Freire [04.09.2012 17:04]:

Making a "noarch" repo would help at least my projects a helluva
lot, the arch-and-distro-dependent binaries are tiny compared to
the arch-and-distro-independent data.

Do it yourself :-)

I have a line reading "BuildArch: noarch" in my specfiles, right after
the Requires-lines. Now the package is build into the noarch repo.
Plus, I disabled building for x86_64 for that package - why building
twice when there is only 1 rpm coming out of it? :-)

I think you didn't get the point.

noarch means you build only once per distro, but, what we're saying,
is that many data packages are also "nodistro", to name it something,
and you'd only need to build it once. Period.

For that, you need a "noarch Repo". Not arch, but repo.