Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "the Open Build Service team having upgraded the build farm with SSDs"?
On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 05:59:36PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
In http://news.opensuse.org/2012/09/05/opensuse-12-2-green-means-go/ it says

"the Open Build Service team having upgraded the build farm with SSDs
and using preinstall images to rapidly setup build virtual machines."

News to me, can we have an update? How many? Is performance improved? etc?

Using preinstall images helped quite a bit to speed up setting up the
build environment, my guess is that it took away 30 seconds on average.
That's doesn't sound like much, but the average build time is about
7 minutes.

Our SSD machine isn't that much faster then the other machines for
some reason. We need to investigate this further.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg