Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Storage problems ... cleanup comming ...
On 9/4/2012 4:49 PM, Kyrill Detinov wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 09:49:44 +0200 Adrian Schröter wrote:

our binary backend server is filled for more than 90% atm.

141G DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.1

I build all of my packages against every discontinued from suse 10.0 to current.

The ability to do that is 50% of the value of OBS for me.

I maintain production servers of various ages, but I need to keep some software current on all servers, for instance, no matter how old the server is, it needs the current openssh, vsftpd, hylafax, etc.

Maintaining a bunch of different OS targets and cpu arches from only one set of source/spec files is pretty much the whole point of OBS for me. Take away the discontinued os repos and I have to develop some other answer.

I don't think it pays to remove those since it robs OBS of a large part of it's very purpose in being. Same goes for the other distros. I don't currently build against other distros, but I always considered that feature a key and unique selling point of obs.

--
bkw

I think, we need discontinued openSUSE 11.1 and 11.2 for Evergreen project.

And I wonder, why do we keep discontinued third-party binary packages?

34G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:10
30G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:15
30G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:14
28G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:11
27G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:13
26G DISCONTINUED:Debian:4.0
24G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:12
22G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:8
21G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:9
12G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:8.10
12G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:10.10
12G DISCONTINUED:Mandriva:2008
12G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:Extras6
11G DISCONTINUED:Mandriva:2006
9.7G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:8.04
9.7G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:7.10
9.3G DISCONTINUED:Mandriva:2009
8.6G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:7
8.3G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:7.04
8.1G DISCONTINUED:Mandriva:2007
6.8G DISCONTINUED:Fedora:Core6
4.4G DISCONTINUED:RedHat:RHEL-4
4.1G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:8.10:Multiverse
3.2G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:7.10:Multiverse
3.0G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:6.06
1.9G DISCONTINUED:Ubuntu:7.04:Multiverse
1.2G DISCONTINUED:Debian:4.0:NonFree
+
54G Debian:5.0
2.2G Debian:5.0:NonFree