Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Use solid state disks [ssd] to improve obs build times.
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:30:38 +1000, <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 23:40:44 +1000, <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:27:05 +0200, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 04.06.2012 14:18, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello
With the Open Build Service (OBS) getting busier now days. Is there
any
chance of trying out a card to improve build times and throughput.

This continues the discussion from here
-
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2011-04/msg00318.html

If you send some, I'm sure we can try it. Building from memory sounds
like the cheaper solution still.

Greetings, Stephan

Hello Stephan
I received a response about the card and their team asked the following
details:

From the Customer Support for Fusion-io[1]
Thank you for your interest in Fusion-io. Please respond with your
location (City, State, Country) and a contact number that you can be
reached at and we'll get the appropriate sales person in contact with
you
to discuss your opportunity.

Thank You,
Customer Support

[1]
The logged Fusion-IO request is here:
https://sup.fusionio.com/cases/browse/CASE-17162

so reply with details:
Please respond with your location (City, State, Country)

I'll forward it on to Fusion-IO Support and see if their card will
speed
up the obs system.

Cheers Glenn

Hello,
Just following up on this:
Im in the process on responding to Fusion-IO Support on this case [1]

[1]
- Fusion-IO Support are asking for the following:
Thank you for your interested in Fusion-io. Please respond with your
location (City, State, Country) and a contact number that you can be
reached at and we'll get the appropriate sales person in contact with
you
to discuss your opportunity.

The logged Fusion-IO request is here, but need to log on to see it.
https://sup.fusionio.com/cases/browse/CASE-17162

Question.
So who in the opensuse-buildservice team would be able to test Fusion-io
card.
See [2] for details of the card.
Provide the above details to me, and I will notify Fusion-IO with the
contact details.
With some luck someone from Fusion-io will contact you and send you a
card
to test with.

[2] Info about the cards.
http://www.fusionio.com/platforms/iodrive/