Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS private instance: download on demand trouble
On 2012-07-04 19:42:01 +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
Hi all,

I have set up a company-wide yum repository which contains non-free
third-party rpms.
Following
<http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/6r2m99UGJvpq5Wh5EajT>, I
created a project to download these third party rpms in order to use
them to build our own packages.

The DoD configuration seems to be correct, the file :fill.solv ist created.
But the scheduler log always shows a 'bad config' for that repo and
the build of our own packages fails with unresolved packages from
the DoD project.

How does your project setup look like? I would do the following:
- create a project A for your distro
- create a second project B with your third party rpms and add something
like this to the project meta:

<repository name="standard">
<path project="A" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Normally there's no need to make any changes to B's project config
(the one you edit via "osc meta prjconf B").

Just add B's repo to another project in order to build against the
third party rpms.

My guess is that the the resolution errors are caused by some kind
of architecture mismatch: The third-party rpms are build for CentOS
and have an arch=i386, whereas the arch in the DoD project is set to
arch="i586" (since OBS complains when I set arch=i386).

Is there anybody to confirm that?

No this should work.

How do I set up DoD to work with CentOS repositories?

Marcus