Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS password quality
On 06/27/2012 02:36 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012, 14:07:14 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
Hi:

It is impossible to use a high quality password in the opensuse.org
buildservice instance, for some reason the brillant policies disallow
special characters allowing only letters and numbers, hence
significantly reducing the possible password entropy.

Can something be done about this ? also is it possible to use a
different method such as a cryptographic key ?

We just use the standard Novell user management to have a common
user pool. There is nothing what we can do from OBS side here.

Yes, but I bet this is a left over issue from iChain, now that AccessManager is being used it might be worth filing a ticket. I cannot imagine that AccessManager does not support special characters.

Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx
rschweik@xxxxxxxxxx