Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Rename project and branching
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:18:58 +0200
Am Montag, 25. Juni 2012, 10:29:35 schrieb David Greaves:
On 19/06/12 09:59, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012, 15:14:59 schrieb He Zhenxing:
Hi,

OBS does not provide a way to rename a project, so I'd like to know if
there is a way (manually or with some tools) to rename a project. And
also the are branched packages or parent packages of branched packages
in other projects. I'd like to keep the branching relationship after the
renaming of the project.

There is no easy function for that implemented.

Any help would be appreciated!

FWIW, in Mer we're working on improving the existing/partial 'copyproject'
code.

copyproject exists already in api. But there is not frontend (webui/osc)
support for it yet.

This essentially replicates a project (hardlinking binaries) and doesn't
trigger
a rebuild. Once this is done you're right that you'd need to identify and fix
any dependency issues (like branches/links) before you could delete the old
project to effect a rename.

That should be doable already (with OBS 2.3). Binary copy requires admin
permission atm...

Here's a couple of hacking branches:
https://github.com/Merproject/open-build-service/commits/copyprj/
https://github.com/Merproject/osc/commits/copyprj/