[opensuse-buildservice] Re: New project openSUSE:Current?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:57:39 +0100
On 17 May 2012 15:37, Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sometimes you have appA in your repo building for both old and new
openSUSE versions. appA depends on libA > X, but only the latest
openSUSE version provides it. openSUSE <latest-1> came with libA
<X-1>. The solution is to package libA > X for the old distributions
and usually you do that linking to the devel project.

I would like an openSUSE:Current project that would always contains
the latest supported version of the packages. Right now the packages
from openSUSE:12.1:Update, but once 12.2 is released it should be
changed to openSUSE:12.2:Update. This way I could link to those
packages instead of linking to the devel project. It would let me
compile appA in old distros while giving to the users a libA package
that is not soooooo unsupported (this would be officially unsupported
anyway, but...).

I would like this since it's a single place to change when a new
openSUSE version is released (If needed I can do it).

Looking at the openSUSE:12.1:Update project metadata I guess it would
just need be something like

<project name="openSUSE:Current">
 <title>Current version of openSUSE</title>
 <description></description>
 <link project="openSUSE:12.1:Update"/>
 <debuginfo>
   <enable/>
 </debuginfo>
</project>

But I'm not sure since I never really saw a doc explaining the meaning
of <link> in the *project metadata*, only in _link files.

Pretty please? Just six lines...

<project name="openSUSE:Latest">
<title>openSUSE Latest</title>
<description>Latest version of openSUSE</description>
<link project="openSUSE:12.1:Update"/>
<person userid="RedDwarf" role="maintainer"/>
</project>