Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: qemu Cross Compilation Instructions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:39:18 +0200
the setup works in the same way on local build as on the servers. So
something must be different on your installations.
I have to admit that I have not tested the workers on SP2 yet ...

It appears that SP2 works fine for F17 & its 'arm' arch (using armv5el
as the arch in OBS) I'm not sure if I can build the 'armhfp' arch for
F17, but Fedora's 'arm' as arm5el in OBS is a start.

IIRC it should be armv7hl which means armv7l hardware with used hard floating
point unit support compiled in (makes ABI incompatible on ARM).

The next part of the message is largely a log of what I've done - in
case somebody else is trying to figure this out as well.

(ie. http://xkcd.com/979/)

I'm not familiar with any ARM arch, so the difference between armv5el &
armv7l is an unknown.

As is the difference between the architectures between distros - for
example, I have no idea what ARM flavor should be used for what Fedora
calls 'armhfp' - armv7l, armv7hl?

I assumed that what Fedora calls 'armhfp' was an ARMv7 flavor; however,
when QEMU is fired up & tries to execute RPM, it dies:
[51/53] preinstalling rpm...
[52/53] preinstalling rpm-libs...
[53/53] preinstalling rpm-sign...
initializing rpm db...
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
/usr/lib/build/init_buildsystem: line 233: 14384 Segmentation fault
chroot $BUILD_ROOT rpm --initdb

I don't know if the segfault is due to a QEMU issue, if I'm emulating
the wrong processor arch, or something else entirely at this point.

I would think it was caused by qemu. Do you use the version from openSUSE?
Alex did plenty of bugfixes to support arm builds ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH