Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "W: non-executable-script" for files which are executable in the sources
  • From: Florian Höch <lists+opensusebuildservice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 02:14:31 +0200
Am 18.06.2012 23:35, schrieb 686f6c6d:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Florian Höch
<lists+opensusebuildservice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I look into the source archive, the respective files have the
executable bit set, so I'm not really understanding where the warning
comes from. I've even hacked the spec file to make sure the files have
the executable bit set (ie. I call chmod +x on the files in %prep), but
it seems almost as if something removes it later?

AFAIK, the correct and "clean" way to set permissions of the files in
an RPM package is to use %attr inside %files:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html
I don't know if the last paragraph (norootforbuild) applies to the OBS,
though.

Thanks, didn't think of that.

--
Florian Höch