Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.3 in VM : No Arm Build out the box...
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:52:39 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012, 12:33:37 schrieb JAFFREZIC Xavier:
Hi OBS gurus ...

I'm trying to migrate for on old OBSLight on a dedicated hardware to a OBS
2.3 in a VirtualBox ...
So I've started from obs-server.x86_64-2.3.0-Build1.16-vmx.tar.bz2 ...
I've updated it to 2.3.1 with Zypper

- I've successfully configured a project from MeeGo 1.2.0 Release :
--> Created a Project in the webUI and edit the meta file to add a repository
--> Created 2 subdirs in /srv/obs/build/<Project>/<Repository> : One is
i586/:full, second is armv8el/:full
--> imported to each directory the binary package for each architecture...

-I've enabled armv8el arch for OBS_SCHEDULED_ARCHITECTURES in
/etc/sysconfig/obs-server

armv8el does not exist in that way...

From this point, I've created a package and use the previously defined
project as build target ...
It works well for i586 : builds and publishs
NB : I've also applied correction on /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/obs.conf and
remove "/src" in strings for "build results" section as proposed in the
git...

The problem is that armv8el : the state is scheduled and remains
scheduled...in the webUI
But the "Status" is build finished ...
It acting as if the build process crash in the very early phase (so returns
finished) but the package is not treated ...

I've tried to use the 32bit version of the appliance but result is exactly
the same ...

Which command should I issue to monitor what is done when I issue a "trigger
rebuild"
In the /srv/obs/log/scheduler_armv8el.log file a event occurs on "trigger
rebuild" but I've no idea to investigate deeper on the problem ...

You most likely need to add "Hostarch: i586" or alike to your prjconf. Please
read the ReleaseNotes-2.3 file for details.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH